Carby 3.1 Firmware
Download the firmware
Already on 3.0?
Find out how to update without JTAG. Learn more about the function of the OSD.
Carby Firware Update Via JTAG
- CONN 3 is the JTAG Header and can be used to update the FPGA.
- The table below lists the pin signals, use this guide the connections to the JTAG programmer.
Pin Signal 1 3.3V 2 GND 3 TCLK 4 TDO 5 TDI 6 TMS
- The Xilinx Platform Cable USB programmer was used for this example. The USB II is also a valid option.
Windows 7 Recommended (8 and 10 add complication)
Download Impact 11.1 from Xilinx archive
You can try newer builds but we know 11.1 works.
The Steps: iMPACT Options
- When iMPACT is opened you will be asked “Automatically create and Save Project? No
- New Impact Project?” No
- The New Impact Project Window will appear.
- Navigate to where you saved the carby_FW2_4b.ipf file
- Right click on the FLASH icon and select Program
- The update usually takes about 30 seconds
- When done you should see the program succeeded message